This has been a favorite in our house for many years now, it’s quick to make and takes full advantage of all mother nature has to offer… you can make it your own by tossing in anything else that sounds tasty. The recipe calls for white balsamic vinegar, I used regular and it was fine. This salad side dish goes well with anything, and is best served at room temperature or warm. Often times I’ll make it early in the day so the house stays cool, then just take it out of the fridge for a little while, that works! This is a recipe from Cooking Light magazine… tasty!
ROASTED CORN SALAD (Cooking Light) YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 6 ears)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine corn and 1 teaspoon oil in a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Combine 2 teaspoons oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl; add corn mixture, stirring well. Stir in tomato, bell pepper, and onions. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Catch you back here tomorrow!